Saturday, November 24, 2012

So Far, Today Has Been a Much Better Day

I'm so proud of my little fuzzbutt. After having so much trouble with him yesterday that I actually got mad at him for the first time, my baby has been completely wonderful today---partially due to his own wonderful personality and partially due to the fact that his mommy and daddy are committed to trying to keep working with him to make things better.

So, as I wrote (late) last night, Zim does not like getting the peroxide cream for his demodex put on his face. We'd managed to get him to be okay with having it put on most of his face, but we were still getting growling and snapping when we tried to apply it to his cheek. We were worried that we might have to makeshift muzzle him for the process, but we were also worried about how that would impact him---it sure wasn't going to make him like the process and we were worried it would make it worse. Well, we just decided to say "fuck it" and this morning, we pulled out some cooked pork from a pork roast we had and fed it to him the entire time we were applying the cream despite his food allergy trial. It worked beautifully. Not a peep from him, only happy munching. We're going to keep it up for the demodex cream, only giving him anything other than the allergy food when we do this and keeping it to pork because a) then we know exactly what's ruining the allergy trial if he doesn't improve and b) we're pretty sure that he's not allergic to pork, so we are hoping that we'll see an improvement even though we are breaking the trial. I do feel a bit bad that we're doing this, since we do need to get to the bottom of his allergies but I do think this is the best route. We can't have him snapping at us during medical treatment and it's important we clear up the demodex because I don't think we'll see an end to his itching if we don't even with the food trial.

In other news, Zim had a photo shoot today and he was a very good boy for the photographer. I wanted to get some photos for his first birthday (which is coming up really soon---December 4th!) and so I went looking for a photographer and I found this woman: http://www.angelsallade.net/. I really liked her photography, because she seemed to capture the pets' personalities so we hired her to come out today to do a session with Zim. She should have some photos up from the shoot on Facebook sometime tonight and I'm very excited to see how they turned out. From what I saw, she seemed to be getting some really great ones.

So, yeah, today I remembered why I love my baby so much and why it is that I've only ever once gotten angry with him even though we've had him for about 10 months now.

No comments:

Post a Comment