Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Best and Worst of My Baby

What I Love Best About My Shiba:

He loves me lots. He likes to sit on my lap and will wait for me on the landing when my husband is up with him in the morning but I am not yet  up. Moreover, when I was sick a week ago with a kidney stone and basically spent the whole time in bed, he spent a lot of time on the landing outside our room waiting for me and was so happy to see me when I finally came out of our room.

He loves people. He's super excited every time he sees a person.

He's good at the vet. He was even fine when they took a fecal sample from him O_O

What I Don't Love About My Shiba:

Resource Guarding. He does this with some very odd items (so far just little soft wadded things like a wad of tissue or the soft little ball things on the end of a cat toy). Moreover, it's been hard to teach him "give" to help fix the problem. At first I tried trading and he was too interested in the treat. Then, just now I tried trading a greenie for a hot dog bit. Worked fine the first time. Second time, he didn't notice the hot dog right away and I got myself bit. Really depressed about this one. Really hoping that the trainer will be of some help with this on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment