Monday, May 14, 2012

Two Escapes in Two Days---What the Hell?

So Zim escaped again yesterday. It was far less harrowing than the last time but, still, what the Hell is this? The first time was just sort of one of those things but this last one should not have happened and when I think about it I'm still kind of mad that it did.

So we were going to go out and grab dinner, so we went to put Zim in our bedroom. He didn't feel like it, though, so he slipped out the door as we were closing it. As I chase him down the stairs I notice to my horror that for some stupid reason our friends have left our door open. So what does Zim do? He makes a beeline straight for his people and someone picked him up and handed him back to me so I could put him away. Now, this was about what I would expect because this particular behavior of his is why doorbolting isn't usually a problem for him. It's not about going outside, it's about getting to the people. Sure, he'll rush a door when someone comes in, but that's because he wants to greet the person coming in (not to say that we're not careful about him doing that, we are because you never know), so it was perfectly predictable that he would go straight for his people (I'm pretty sure he thinks of most of our friends as being his in the same way he thinks of us like that) when he went out the open door. Still, though, I was pretty mad and more so, as well, when my reaction of "What the fuck, guys?!" was met by one person going, "What?" They should know what. Don't leave the door open for my dog to get out! It's not like all of these people didn't hear about Saturday's experience and the trouble we had then.

On a more positive note, I was looking through the album of pictures from puppy class and I found some of Zim playing with some of the other pups, including his favorite buddy from that class, Dublin the Saint Bernard. I'm reposting them here.




No comments:

Post a Comment